Continental Grand Prix 5000 TL Road Bike Tyre
- Free tracked shipping over 75,00€
- Trustpilot review 9.4 out of 51.623 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- Due to the lack of an inner tube and the use of less material, the tubeless version has 5 percent less rolling resistance and an improved puncture resistance of 5 percent compared to the clincher version.
- The 3-layer 180 TPI carcass guarantees a firm mounting on the rims.
- The laser profile on the edge of the tyre gives you an optimal grip on the asphalt.
- The new version of Continental's Vectran anti-puncture strip provides good protection against punctures.
- The Active Comfort layer has a shock absorbing effect and dampens the vibrations from the road surface, without affecting the rolling resistance.
- The Grand Prix 5000 TL is difficult to mount on the rim due to its tight fit.
The Continental GP 5000 TL for unparalleled performances.
The Grand Prix 5000 TL is the tubeless version of the Grand Prix 5000 road bike tyre. Despite the use of the same technologies in both models, there are still a few differences. Due to the lack of an inner tube and the use of less material, the tubeless version has 5 percent less rolling resistance and an improved puncture resistance of 5 percent compared to the clincher version.
A perfect balance between rolling resistance and grip.
The carcass of the Grand Prix 5000 TL consists of a 180tpi, 3-layer build. This way Continental has picked the perfect balance between easy mounting and firm fastening on the rim. The updated version of Continental’s Black Chilli Compound ensures an optimal balance between the rolling resistance and grip. Thanks to the ‘Lazer Grip technology’, the shoulders on the tread of the Grand Prix 5000 TL have been roughened. This way the GP 5000 TL has the best grip when turning. Furthermore, this technology improves the air flow around the tyre for better aerodynamics.
Improved puncture protection and high comfort.
The Continental GP 5000 TL also has an updated version of Continental’s Vectran anti-puncture strip. This extra inner layer offers an improved protection against punctures. Continental is thus making a significant contribution to the durability of the new Grand Prix tyres. Finally, the tyre is equipped with an Active Comfort layer. As the name suggests, Active Comfort ensures a high level of driving comfort. The ‘Active Comfort layer’ has shock-absorbing properties and reduces vibrations caused by the road surface without impacting rolling resistance. Because of this, the Grand Prix 5000 TL ensures a comfortable ride with optimal rolling resistance.
With that said, Continental introduces a new heir to the throne: the Grand Prix 5000 TL!