Shimano Ultegra R8000 11 speed Cassette
- Free tracked delivery
- Trustpilot review 9.3 out of 45.335 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- The cassette is really quiet when used with the HG701 Shimano chain.
- Not all rear derailleurs are compatible with an 11-34 cassette, so check that first.
|Number of gears||11-speed|
The Shimano Ultegra R8000 and HG800 has been given an even better design. Shimano has managed to shave off a little more weight, give the cassette a slightly better finish to go with the increasingly fluent shifting motion, and improve the overal durability of the cassette compared to its predecessor. Various cassette ratios are available, enabling you to adapt to whatever terrain you're taking on. Most cassettes building up to a maximum of 23T or 25T are used on the flats or slightly rolling roads. The 28T cassette is ideal for hills, while the 30T, 32T and 34T (HG800) are ideal for the high mountains. Naturally, you have to take into account whether you're running double, semi-compact, or compact chainrings.
Capacity Ultegra 11-speed derailleurs
• Short cage Ultegra 6800: to 28T
• Long cage Ultegra 6800: from 28T to 30T
• Short cage Ultegra R8000: 25T to 30T
• Long cage Ultegra R8000: 28T to 34T