- What are the legal grounds for using your data?
- Who has access to your data?
- Where do we store your data?
- How long do we store your data?
- What are your rights?
- Do you have questions or complaints?
What are the legal grounds for using your data?
According to the privacy law, we must tell you on which legal grounds we need your data. The most important of these is that some data are necessary for the implementation of the agreement. Therefore, we only made the information mandatory we actually need to complete your order successfully.
In addition, we may also use your data in the event of a 'legitimate' interest. Our interest is to offer you, the customer, the optimal and best service. For example, you will receive invitations for reviews, so we can improve our service. And our customer service can ask for other details to provide you the best personal advice.
We have also legal obligations to prevent fraud. We are obliged to keep a register of whom we receive second hand bicycles, to prevent fencing.
Sometimes you have given us permission to use additional data, for example, if you signed up for the newsletters. We save this permission, to make sure you really want it.
Who has access to your data?
Important to know is that we only forward your details to other parties if that’s necessary for our service. And, of course, only the information that is necessary. It concerns our delivery partners. They need to know where to deliver the package. As well as suppliers for warranty and reparation. Payment partners, IT service providers and parties who collect reviews for us.
Parties who gain access to your data may only use it to provide you with a service on behalf of Mantel. We never sell your data to third parties.
Where do we store your data?
We store your data in various databases. We always have strict security measures in place. East West, best at home: that is why your data is almost always stored within the European Union. In the exceptional event that customer data is transferred to countries outside the European Union, we will ensure that your privacy is adequately protected. This has been officially established for a number of countries. Some U.S. parties have registered under the Privacy Shield, which provides adequate protection. Or we work with official model contracts that are specifically designed to safeguard your privacy.
How long do we store your data?
If possible, we will, of course, store your data anonymised.
- We don’t store security footage of our stores longer than 4 weeks. Unless we see something suspicious and there’s a possibility of fraud.
- The tax authorities says we need to store our administration, with your invoice-, payment and order data, for 7 years.
- If you have your product repaired or replaced by Mantel, we will retain your report and contact details for 7 years.
- If you have subscribed to the newsletter or given permission to receive personalised messages, we will retain that permission for 5 years. Even if you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive the newsletter or personalised messages, we will retain the withdrawal of your request.
What are your rights?
Do you want more information, change or delete your details or adjust your e-mail preferences? That’s possible, of course. The most things you can adjust in your account, but you can also contact us by post or e-mail at email@example.com. Within 4 weeks you will get an answer.
We may ask for additional information to make sure that it is you who make the request. It would be annoying if someone pretends to be you.
Do you have questions or complaints?
For questions or complaints we have a special e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. But you can contact us by post as well.
If you are not satisfied with how Mantel handles your privacy, you can contact the privacy authority.