Wahoo KICKR Core Turbo Trainer
- Free tracked delivery
- Trustpilot review 9.2 out of 48.618 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- The trainer is compatible with your phone or tablet, through Bluetooth Smart 4.0, ANT+ en ANT+ FE-C connection.
- No wear on the rear wheel's outer tyre due to direct drive technology.
- Easy to store, because of foldable legs.
- Very silent because of the drive technology.
- The KICKR Core simulates a rate of increase of up to 16% with its 1800 Watt powerful motor.
- The cassette will have to be purchased separately. It is not included.
|Subscription duration||3 months|
|Connectivity||Interactive turbo trainer|
|Data Transfer||Bluetooth Smart / ANT+ / ANT+ FE-C|
|Available software||Zwift / The Sufferfest / Rouvy / FulGaz / Kinomap / TrainerRoad / Bkool Indoor / Skuga / GoldenCheetah / PerfPro Studio / Velo Reality|
|Adjustable resistance||Yes, software controlled|
|Maximum Hill Incline||16%|
The KICKR Core is one of Wahoo's new trainers in 2018. This model is placed between the KICKR Snap and KICKR Power Trainer. This Interactive direct drive cycle trainer has a maximum wattage of 1800 watts. Its gradient is up to 16% and is equipped with a heavy flywheel. The KICKR Core, for example, is little inferior to the top model of Wahoo. And that for a competitive price-quality ratio. Team Sky has been using Wahoo cycle trainers for many years now so that you can expect high quality. For them, it is essential that the equipment delivers highly reliable data and drives as natural as possible.
Suitable for almost every bikeThe KICKR Core is suitable for bikes with a standard 130 and 135mm quick release mounting width. Ideal for both road and mountain bikes. They consider the compatibility for through axles. Both 12 x 142, as well as 'Boost' 12 x 148. More space has been created for bicycles with disc brakes. Any bike with a wheel size from 24 to 29 inches can easily be replaced into the KICKR Core bike trainer.
High wattage and great gradientsThe wattage measurement is even more accurate than with the Wahoo KICKR Snap and can generate up to 1800 watts maximum. Gradient percentages can be simulated up to 16%. The algorithms have been adapted so that you will experience a super realistic cycling feeling during climbing and sprinting. The change of resistance flows exceptionally smoothly into each other without feeling shaky. Especially in acceleration, deceleration, uphill and downhill riding on Zwift, for example, this is very important and much more realistic than ever before.
Suitable for Wahoo KICKR ClimbThe Wahoo KICKR Core also supports the Wahoo KICKR Climb, of course. When the KICKR Climb is connected, it reacts directly to the data of the virtual track. From your front fork, your bike will move up and down. This way you are in the same position as if you were climbing or descending. This will make your climbing muscles more realistic and will improve your climbing technique Note: The Wahoo KICKR Climb is not included in the package. Read more
• Wahoo KICKR Core cycle trainer
• Quick-release device
• Power cable
• Adaptors for 130mm and 135mm Quick Release
• Adapter for 12x142mm and 12x148mm PTO through axle
Apps and programs (after registration in the Wahoo Fitness App)
• 60 days free Strava Premium
• 7 days for free Zwift
• 30 days free Trainer Road
• 60 days free Sufferfest
• 60 days free kinomap
• 30 days for free Rouvy
How do I register for the free trial software?
1) Download the Wahoo Fitness app
2) Register with email and KICKR serial number
3) Receive an email with the unique code for your app and follow the instructions
4) Then go to https://eu.wahoofitness.com/partners for all participating trial software.
5) Open the page of your favorite trial software (Zwift, TrainerRoad, Strava Premium, The Sufferfest, Rouvy, Kinomap).
6) Scroll down and follow the instructions at the bottom of the page at "Get a free trial...."