Shimano B01S Resin Disc Brake Pads
- Free tracked shipping over £35.00
- Trustpilot review 9.4 out of 52.508 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- The soft compound grips quickly and has a lot of braking power.
- This brake pad makes little noise while braking.
- They will wear out faster than the harder compound in wet circumstances.
- These brake pads may lose braking power due to the heat generated during long descents.
|Bike Type||Mountain bike / Road bike / E-bike / City and Hybrid bike|
|Hardness Brakepad||Soft (Resin/Organic)|
|Suitable for||Shimano D / Tektro A|
The Shimano B01S disc brake pads Y8C998050 are organic Shimano brake pads. They come in pairs, including a spring and split pin.
Organic brake pads consist of soft materials. That ensures these brake pads provide excellent dosability and stopping power. The soft compound allows this brake pad to react faster. Aside from that, the organic compound also reduces the noise these brake pads make when used.
The downside of organic brake pads is that they’re less resistant to high temperatures that can occur during long descents. Organic brake pads also wear faster when you often cycle in muddy terrain.
If you mostly use your bike during summer and in flat or hilly terrain, these organic brake pads are a great choice. If you are more of a winter cyclist however, or do you cycle in mountainous terrain, you’re better off with Semi-Metallic brake pads.
Manufacturers use different sizes & fits. Make sure if the shape of the brake pad in the image corresponds with your current brake pad. Not sure what shape you have, scroll down to the bottom of this page. There, you’ll find which brake pad is suited for which type of brake.