Shimano M05 Resin Disc Brake Pads
- Free tracked shipping over £35.00
- Trustpilot review 9.4 out of 51.352 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- These brake pads give you a very good dosability and they act quickly.
- These brake pads make little noise when braking.
- These brake pads may lose braking power if they become too hot.
- These pads wear out faster than harder pads.
Shimano Deore M515 disc brake pads Y8B698010 are organic brake pads for Shimano disc brakes, but also suitable for Tektro brakes for example.
Organic brake pads consist of soft materials. That ensures these brake pads provide excellent dosage and stopping power. The soft compound allows this brake pad to react faster. Aside from that, the organic compound also reduces the noise these brake pads make when used.
The downside of organic brake pads is that they’re less resistant to high temperatures that can occur during long descents. Organic brake pads also wear faster when you often cycle in muddy terrain.
If you mostly use your bike during summer and in flat or hilly terrain, these organic brake pads are a great choice. If you are more of a winter cyclist however, or do you cycle in mountainous terrain, you’re better off with Semi-Metallic brake pads.
Manufacturers use different sizes & fits. Make sure if the shape of the brake pad in the image corresponds with your current brake pad. Not sure what shape you have, scroll down to the bottom of this page. There, you’ll find which brake pad is suited for which type of brake.