Mantel R50D TLR Disc Road Bike Wheels
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- Very clean look.
- You can customize your wheels with the included decals.
- More aerodynamic than a Zipp 303.
- Straight-pull spokes for optimal stiffness.
- Does not stand out as much as some other wheel brands.
The Mantel R50 TLR Disc road bike wheels are among the best road bike wheels for disc brakes on the market! Road bikes with disc brakes are extremely popular, so a Mantel disc wheelset should not be missing. It is a high-quality wheelset at an attractive price level.
The Mantel R50 TLR Disc wheels have front and rear thru-axles in the standard size of 100x12 and 142x12 respectively. The hubs have a good seal and durable industrial bearings. As the name suggests, the rims can be used tubeless. The rims feel fast and can withstand strong winds. Aerodynamic tests show that in crosswinds, the performance of the Mantel R50 TLR road bike wheels is even better than the well-known Zipp 303 wheels. Only in frontal winds their performance is a little bit under par.
Disc brakes offer aerodynamics combined with the best braking performance in all conditions. This also makes it possible to ride in the mountains without any problems.
If you’re looking for an affordable, stiff 50mm high carbon wheelset, the Mantel R50 TLR Disc wheels are a very good choice!
• Mantel R50 Disc TLR wheelset
• Tubeless tape (pre-assembled)
• Tubeless valves (pre-assembled)
• Cassette spacer 10-speed
• Sticker set of your choice