Bontrager R3 Hard-Case Lite Road Bike Tyre
- Free tracked shipping over £35.00
- Trustpilot review 9.3 out of 47.767 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- Low rolling resistance with excellent cornering grip
- Unique Aero Wing-heel fills the space between rim and tyre for more aerodynamics.
- Hard-Case Lite protects against punctures with a superior and light protective layer underneath the tread.
The Bontrager R3 Hard-Case Lite is a racing tyre with low rolling resistance and excellent cornering grip. Are you a race rider? Then the Bontrager R3 Hard-Case Lite is definitely worth considering.
The Bontrager R3 Hard-Case Lite is equipped with Aero Wings. Aero Wings reduce air resistance. Tubes and regular tyres have a small recess where the rubber touches the rim. Aero Wings fill the gap between the rim and the tyre. With this, it creates less air resistance than tubes and regular tyres. Aero Wings therefore provide better aerodynamics and make this tyre ideally suited for races.
The fur bearer R3 is equipped with a 120 TPI carcass. This carcass is common for racing tyres. The carcass provides less weight, low rolling resistance and good riding qualities. At the same time, however, these tyres are more susceptible to damage. That's why the Bontrager R3 is equipped with Hard-Case Lite. This is a light, additional layer of protection against punctures. This makes the Bontrager R3 a worthy race tyre for the performance athlete.