Northwave Raptor GTX MTB Shoes
- Free tracked delivery to Portugal
- Trustpilot review 9.4 out of 53.646 reviews
Pros & Cons
Pros & Cons
- The use of Gore-Tex and a thermal coating keep your feet warm in temperatures down to -3°C.
- The tight high sock ensures that no water or cold can get into the shoe from above.
- The Jaws Carbon Reinforced sole is both stiff and comfortable.
- The reflective elements along the shoe ensures high visibility in traffic.
- The tight sock on the shoe takes some practice putting on.
|Pedal type||2-point attachment|
|Type of closure||Dial|
|Shoe Width||Wide / Average|
The Gore-Tex and the thermal coating retain heat
The use of Gore-Tex and the thermal coating means your feet are fully protected in temperatures as low as -3°C. This to ensure your feet stay comfortably warm and making it possible to run training sessions of over 2 hours outdoors when cold and wet out. You immediately notice the tight high sock when putting on the shoe. This is a bit tricky when putting on the shoes the first few times but it does make sure that no water or cold can get into your shoe from above. This offers optimal insulation. Always make sure that your pants overlap the shoe and that you don't put them in your sock. It would be a shame if water still enters your waterproof Northwave Raptor GTX winter shoe through your pants.
The Jaws Carbon Reinforced sole is both stiff and comfortable
The sole used by Northwave is the Jaws Carbon Reinforced sole that has been injected with carbon. This makes it stiff without sacrificing comfort. The average stiffness ensures that your exertions are converted into speed more effectively. Thanks to the 360° of reflective elements, the Northwave Raptor GTX makes you even more visible in dark conditions.
Detailed description size in cm
The size denoted in cm tells you how long the shoe is. This size was taken on the inside of the shoe measuring from the heel to the toes. In order to determine what size you’ll need, you can measure your own foot. Do this by placing a piece of paper on the floor tucked against the wall. Stand on the paper with your heel against the wall. Draw a line at your big toe. Measure the distance between that and the wall, and add approximately 5 mm. The number of centimeters is the size in centimeters found on our website. Which specific EU/UK size you need can differ between brands. This is because each brand uses their own boot tree, causing the shoe to be bigger or smaller than the size would suggest. This is why we’ve added the size in centimeters for all of our shoes. We’ve also categorised our shoes in three different groups: narrow, medium, and wide. In order to determine the width of your foot, you can use this table. Read all about it on our blog!
There are currently no pro's available in English yet
There are currently no cons available in English yet
Most recent reviews
Zit prima, maar toch wel natte voeten
Fijn zittende schoenen, valt iets krapper uit dan mijn normale maat. Paar keer gebruikt en wat jammer is dat de voeten toch wel nat worden en dus koud.
Schuh macht das was er soll.Produktbeschreibung trifft zu.
Größe wie für normale Schuhe
guter Halt und Kraftübertragung
prima passende winterschoenen
heerlijke schoenen voor zowel op de mtb als de racefiets. Nu wachten op een koude winter om na te gaan of ze ook voldoen ten tijde van kou en langs/door de zee fietsen!!!
Frequently bought together
Frequently bought together
Recommended by the product specialist
|Northwave Raptor GTX||Shimano XC701||Northwave Raptor Arctic GTX||Sidi Trace 2|
|39 reviews||17 reviews||66 reviews||1 review|
|Collection||Autumn / Winter 2018/2019 / Autumn / Winter 2019/2020||Summer 2020||Autumn / Winter 2017/2018 / Autumn / Winter 2018/2019 / Autumn / Winter 2019/2020||Summer 2020|
|Pedal type||2-point attachment||2-point attachment||2-point attachment||2-point attachment|
|Type of closure||Dial||Dial||Dial||Dial|
|This product||View product||View product||View product|
Manufacturer specifications• Jaws Carbon reinforced sole with a stiffness index of 8/14 with a natural rubber treatment for added traction.
• The wind- and waterproof Gore-Tex® Pique membrane keeps your feet insulated and warm even at temperatures of around -3°C
• Excellent fit on the top of your shoes thanks to the BioMap Aero Overlap construction which reduces turbulence over the shoes and enhances the aerodynamics.
• Extra thermal coating at the front of the shoes.
• TPU reinforcement around the toes.
• SLW2 dial: the only retention system with a step by step adjustability and full release in a single button.
• The Climaflex collar made from the extremely elastic Gore-Tex Rattler® membrane and insulating neoprene provides suppleness and protection from the elements.
• Integrated heel system offers a close fit around the heel.
• The special GTX footbed works together with the membrane.
• 360° reflective inserts.