Continental Grand Prix 5000 Road Bike Tyre
- Free tracked shipping over 75.00€
- Trustpilot review 9.4 out of 51.326 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- The new Black Chili Compound has even lower rolling resistance.
- The supple 330 TPI carcass gives you improved high-speed cornering stability.
- The laser profile on the edge of the tyre gives you optimal grip on asphalt.
- The Vectran anti-puncture strip provides extra protection against punctures.
- The 'Active Comfort Layer' has a shock-absorbing effect and dampens the vibrations from the road surface, without negatively affecting rolling resistance.
- Tyre lever required to mount the last bit of the tyre onto the rim.
The Continental GP 5000 is the new successor to the throne.
The Continental Grand Prix 5000 is the successor to the legendary Grand Prix 4000S II. The Grand Prix 5000 tyre improves the performance of its predecessor in all regards. With less rolling resistance, improved puncture resistance, lighter weight and higher comfort, the Grand Prix 4000S II has been surpassed after 14 long years.
Equipped with the latest technologies.
The Grand Prix 5000 is equipped with Continental’s latest technologies. An updated version of Continental’s Black Chilli Compound results in a perfect balance between rolling resistance and traction. With the ‘Lazer Grip technology’, the Grand Prix’s tread shoulders have been roughened. This provides the GP 5000 with excellent traction in turns. This laser profile also improves air flow around the tyre for a more aerodynamic shape.
More stability and comfort.
On top of that, the GP 5000 has an improved carcass. The new 330tpi, 3-layer build is more rigid than its predecessor. This provides the GP 5000 with improved stability in turns and at high speeds. The tyre is also equipped with an Active Comfort layer. As its name suggests, Active Comfort ensures high riding comfort. The Active Comfort layer has shock-absorbing properties and reduces vibrations caused by the road surface without impacting rolling resistance. Because of this, the Grand Prix 5000 provides a comfortable ride with optimal rolling resistance.
Improved puncture protection.
Lastly, this Continental tyre has an updated version of Continental’s Vectran anti-puncture strip. This extra inner layer offers extra protection against punctures. Continental claims this strip reduces chances of getting a puncture by 20 percent compared to its predecessor. In this way, Continental contributes greatly to the Grand Prix tyres’ sustainability. With the Grand Prix 5000, Continental introduces the new champion.
Winner of the Design & Innovation Award 2019: A prize for cycling products that set themselves apart from the competition!