Vision Metron 55 SL Road Bike Wheels
- Delivery in 2-3 working days
- Free tracked delivery
- Trustpilot review 9.3 out of 42.772 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- The wheels are very rigid and have a strong spoke pattern. This creates a responsive wheelset which easily changes direction.
- The stopping power is excellent under all conditions (compared to other full carbon wheels).
- The minimalist grey stickers make the wheels look crisp.
- The wheels are, compared to other carbon clinchers, a little on the heavy side.
The Vision Metron 55 SL set belongs to the best wheelsets available at this time. Everything comes together in this set: wide aerodynamic rims, great spoke tension, high lateral stiffness, and high quality bearings. Few manufacturers actually achieve to get these qualities in one wheel. The Metron 55 SL is a set that is widely applicable: criteriums, the hills, echelon rides, and so on. This with their low weight and aerodynamic rim tread.
The wheels have had a few updates before 2017. Now they use angular contact bearings that are wider in the hub, for an improved stiffness, durability, and less friction. A new pawl system in the body makes sure the point of engagement is improved for faster acceleration. A larger flange on the drive side of the wheel offers direct power transmission.
• Vision Metron 40 SL wheelset
• QR-93 quick releases
• Double wheelbag