Shimano G02A Resin Disc Brake Pads
- Free tracked shipping over £35.00
- Trustpilot review 9.3 out of 44.165 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- Due to the soft compound, this brake pad engages quickly and the brake force is easily adjustable.
- This brake pad makes little noise when braking.
- Because this is a soft brake pad, it can lose braking power if the brake becomes too hot.
- This pad is less wear-resistant than pads with a harder compound.
|Bike Type||Mountainbike / Road bike|
|Suitable for||Shimano A|
The Shimano G02A disc brake pads are organic brake pads. These brake pads consist of soft material that makes less noise and provides more control in the most extreme conditions. These brake pads come in pairs, including a spring.
Organic brake pads consist of soft materials. That ensures these brake pads provide excellent dosage and braking performance. The soft compound allows this brake pad to react faster. Aside from that, the organic compound also reduces the noise these brake pads make when used.
The downside of organic brake pads is that they’re less resistant to high temperatures that can occur during long descents. Organic brake pads also wear faster when you often cycle in muddy terrain.
If you mostly use your bike during summer and in flat or hilly terrain, these organic brake pads are a great choice. If you are more of a winter cyclist however, or do you cycle in mountainous terrain, you’re better off with Semi-Metallic brake pads.
Manufacturers use different sizes & fits. Make sure if the shape of the brake pad in the image corresponds with your current brake pad. Not sure what shape you have, scroll down to the bottom of this page. There, you’ll find which brake pad is suited for which type of brake.