Pirelli Scorpion MTB Rear Specific Tyre
- Free tracked delivery
- Trustpilot review 9.2 out of 49.466 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- The specialist when it comes to the rear wheel, is specifically designed for speed on straight sections and grip in turns.
- With this tyre you are faster than the Scorpion MTB M series, without compromising on too much grip.
- The durable compound with 120 TPI reinforced sidewalls gives you good protection against cuts and snake bites.
- The supple carcass ensures stability and grip at a lower tyre pressure.
- This tyre is specially designed for the rear wheel, so it's less suitable for the front wheel.
The Pirelli Scorpion MTB R is the specialist when it comes to the rear wheel. With a medium profile and an average profile distance, the Scorpion MTB R has excellent grip and traction. The Scorpion R is a versatile tyre and can be used on multiple types of terrain; from soft to hard surfaces and in dry and wet conditions.
The tread of the Scorpion MTB R has a small profile with a small profile distance in the centre. This profile choice ensures a low rolling resistance on straight sections. The shoulders are provided with wider studs with a larger profile distance. This way, the Pirelli Scorpion R maintains its grip on high speeds in turns.
The anti-puncture compound on the tread ensures great durability. The 120 TPI inforced sidewalls minimalise the chance of getting cuts and snake bites. Thanks to the supple carcass, the Scorpion MTB R is perfectly usable with a lower tyre pressure. That way you enjoy a high stability and a powerful grip. Just like other tyres from the Pirelli Scorpion series, the MTB R tyre can also be made tubeless.
If you want to get the most out of the Scorpion R, be sure to make your tyre tubeless for even less rolling resistance!