Elvedes Hayes Sole Disc Brake Pads
- Delivery in 2-3 working days
- Free tracked shipping over £35.00
- Trustpilot review 9.3 out of 45.129 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- Due to their soft compound, these brake pads are very easy to handle and act quickly.
- These brake pads make little noise when braking.
- The soft compound can 'fade' if it gets too hot and loses braking power.
- The organic compound wears out faster than a (semi) metallic compound.
|Bike Type||Mountain bike|
|Number of brake pads||1 Pair|
|Suitable for||Hayes B|
The Elvedes Disc Hayes Sole brake pads are organic disc brake pads for Hayes disc brakes. Organic brake pads consist of soft materials. These brake pads therefore provide excellent controllability and good braking power. Due to the soft compound, this block also acts quickly. In addition, the organic compound ensures that these brake pads make little noise when braking.
The disadvantage of organic brake pads is that they are less able to withstand the higher temperatures that can occur, for example, during long descents. Moreover, organic brake pads will wear out a lot faster if you ride in muddy circumstances. In short, if you use your bike mainly in dry conditions, these brake pads are very good for you. However, if you ride in muddy circumstances or descending a lot, it’s better to have a look at semi metallic brake pads.
Manufacturers use different fittings. Make sure that the shape of the brake pad on the picture corresponds to your current brake pad. If you don't know what shape you have, please scroll to the bottom of this page. There is a description per brake pad for which type of brake it is suitable.