Shimano G02S Resin Disc Brake Pads
- Free tracked shipping over £35.00
- Trustpilot review 9.3 out of 42.748 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- These brake pads respond quickly and are easy to dose.
- These brake pads make no noise when braking.
- These brake pads can lose braking power in long descents.
- These brake pads are less wear-resistant than harder pads.
The Shimano G02S are organic brake pads for Shimano disc brakes. Organic brake pads consist of soft materials. That ensures these brake pads provide excellent dosage and stopping power. The soft compound allows this brake pad to react faster. Aside from that, the organic compound also reduces the noise these brake pads make when used.
The downside of organic brake pads is that they’re less resistant to high temperatures that can occur during long descents. Organic brake pads also wear faster when you often cycle in muddy terrain.
If you mostly use your bike during summer and in flat or hilly terrain, these organic brake pads are a great choice. If you are more of a winter cyclist however, or do you cycle in mountainous terrain, you’re better off with Semi-Metallic brake pads.
Manufacturers use different sizes & fits. Make sure if the shape of the brake pad in the image corresponds with your current brake pad. Not sure what shape you have, scroll down to the bottom of this page. There, you’ll find which brake pad is suited for which type of brake.