These terms and conditions use the following terminology as defined below:
- Content: all content shared through placing a product review by the user and published by Mantel, which includes text and/or visual images or footage, irrespective of whether these are redactional or commercial in nature.
- Use: the use of a product review in the broadest sense of the word, which includes viewing, reading, or placing a product review.
- User: anyone who places or views a product review, or who in any other way utilises the content in a product review.
- Mantel: Mantel Arnhem BV, also operating under the name Mantel.com.
- Product review: all product reviews placed by a user and published by Mantel, including any content offered therewith.
These terms and conditions apply to any and all use of a product review. By using a product review, you acknowledge and agree to all related terms and conditions.
3. Intellectual Property Rights
All (intellectual) property rights pertaining to a product review, including but not limited to copyright, trademark rights, database rights, and trade name rights, belong to Mantel and/or her licensors. The right to use a product review does not imply a transfer, license, or any form of (usage)right pertaining to these (intellectual) property rights, unless set forth otherwise in these terms and conditions.
Mantel expressively maintains ownership of all copyrights pertaining to the product reviews. You are not permitted to copy and/or publish (parts of) product reviews without the prior written permission from Mantel. Mantel will determine whether or not permission to do so will be granted per individual request, and if so under which conditions.
Notwithstanding the previous, users are allowed to link to a product review without prior permission from Mantel.
Mantel does not guarantee in any way that the content is complete, correct, or reliable. Claims and opinions set forth in the content of product reviews are those of the involved author(s) and/or user(s), and not (necessarily) those of Mantel.
Mantel is not in any way responsible for (the content of) product reviews by third parties to which is referred, for instance by a link, in the product reviews. Mantel can not be held accountable for damages in any nature caused by or connected to the use of product reviews, or by the (temporary) inability to use a product review, regardless of the cause thereof.
- not be in violation of the law, break the rights of third parties (including intellectual property rights, privacy- or portrait rights) or be in any other way illegal or in violation towards third parties or Mantel;
- not contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, or any other type of program capable of inflicting damage or harm in any way to Mantel and/or other users.
By placing content in a product review, you declare and guarantee that you are allowed to publish this content, copy it, and license Mantel and other users to do the following:
- by placing content you extend to Mantel an irrevocable, world-wide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence not limited by time (with the right to sub-licensing) which allows for any and all (re)use, multiplication, distribution, creation of derived works, showing and execution of the content or parts thereof, to whichever purpose and in whichever way possible (including the sharing of content on social media such as but not limited to YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter, and through linear and non-linear services) as well as for saving content in (electronic) files;
Mantel maintains the right at all times to:
- Shorten, edit, refuse, remove, or block product reviews, or in any other way make them inaccessible when they violate the terms and conditions set out in this document, or without providing any previously required reason;
- Inform investigative services on any illegal content at their request.
6. Notice-and-takedown procedure
Mantel does not automatically check the published content in product reviews. If you feel that the content published in a product review is undoubtedly wrongful or illegal in nature, then please report it via firstname.lastname@example.org.
This procedure does not bestow any rights to the reporter. In response to this report, Mantel will determine to the best of her abilities whether the content involved will be removed or not, or that any other steps may be taken as a result.
If a product review is used in violation of these terms and conditions, you will be liable for any and all damages suffered by Mantel as a result, including but not limited to the costs of tracking down the illegal user, investigations, and legal aid. You indemnify Mantel against claims of third parties involved.
Mantel maintains the right to change the contents of these terms and conditions at any time. The altered terms and conditions become binding from the moment they are published.
9. Choice of applicable law
These terms and conditions and any disputes pertaining to or resulting from these, are subject to Dutch national law.