|Wheel size |
- 27,5 inch / 28 inch / 29 inch
|Type of brake |
- Smartphone / Tablet / Computer
- ANT+ / Bluetooth Smart / ANT+ FE-C
|Available software |
- PC Software / 3rd party apps / 3rd party PC software / Tacx Cycling app
|Adjustable resistance |
|Charging plug |
|Gradient Simulation |
|Compatible with Boost |
- Optional, adapter required
|Cassette included |
Detailed product description
Edco Multisys body
The Tacx Flux comes with an EDCO Multisys body which is suitable for any Shimano, SRAM and Campagnolo cassette.
Extremely quiet electromagnetic brake
The Tacx Flux Smart T2900 works with an electromagnetic brake. By placing magnets and electromagnets next to a rotating aluminium disc, the torque generates an alternate magnetic field. This way a contact free, maintenance free brake is realised that is also completely quiet. Thanks to this brake you can set up a resistance that you’d also see on the road or during a climb. The max. gradient of the Tacx Flux is 10% with a maximum power of 1500 watt.
Plug & play
The Tacx Flux Smart is easy in use. Remove the wheel from your bike and place the chain on the cassette of your trainer. Now you can get on directly and start pedalling. The stable base of the trainer makes sure that you can stand on the pedals to get everything from the sprint. The LED lights on the Tacx Flux Smart indicate if the trainer is plugged into the socket and/or if it’s connected to a computer or phone via Bluetooth Smart or ANT+.
during cycling on a virtual platform or in a film it is possible you reach numbers outside the range of the brake. To allow riders with a motor brake to compete with riders with an electromagnetic brake via Multiplayer, Tacx designed the virtual speed. This measures the power output and translates it into speed, so a fair race is guaranteed. If this speed deviates from the speed of the rear wheel, the virtual speed is displayed in red on screen. Perfect for Zwift races or training rides on TrainerRoad or Kinomap.
Suitable for thru-axle
Weather the Tacx Flux is suitable for your bike depends on the cassette. For an MTB with thru-axle you need an axle compatible with trainers, available for 135x10 and 142x12mm. The latter is also available for road bikes with disc brakes.
Connecting with Windows PC
Do you have a Tacx Flux Smart and want to get more out of your exercise than is possible with Tacx apps? There’s a possibility to connect your trainer to the computer. This way you can train with the Tacx Trainer Software 4, Advanced. Regulating the resistance and reading your performance data all goes via your computer instead of tablet or smartphone. You can use longer videos, in HD or Blu-Ray quality, and if the gradient changes the resistance also changes.
Tacx Upgrade Smart T2900
To connect the Tacx Flux Smart T2900 to your Windows PC you need the Upgrade Smart. This package includes the Tacx Trainer software 4, Advanced, a device for on your handlebars, and the ANT+ receiver with cord to place it as close as possible to the trainer.
• Software Tacx apps & third party apps. PC software available via upgrades.
• Operation: automated
• Brake type: Direct drive
• Maximum brake force: 1500 Watt for 10 seconds
• Rotational inertia: 22,8 kg
• Flywheel effect: Higher values will offer a more realistic cycling feel
• Cassette not included
Trainen with the Tacx Cycling app
• Catalyst training programms based on gradient (-5 to +10%), power, or heart rate
• Video rides with resistance controlled by the app as you ride
• The software for smartphones is a stripped-down version of the tablet one
• The Tacx cycling app for Android tablets and smartphones is a stripped down version.
Compatibility Tacx Cycling app:
• Apple iPad 3 and up (via Bluetooth Smart)
• Apple iPhone 4s and up (via Bluetooth Smart)
• Apple iPod touch 5
• Android version 4.3 and up
• An ANT+ Dongle is required for devices without Bluetooth Smart
Not suitable for:
• Bikes with a long-cage rear derailleur
• Campagnolo Centaur (9-Speed)
• Campagnolo Veloce (10-Speed)
• Campagnolo Centaur 2009 - 2011 (10-Speed)
• Campagnolo Centaur (11-Speed)
• SRAM XD (R.A.T. Systeem)
• SRAM (12-speed)