Sram Road Disc Alu Backplate Disc Brake Pads
- Ordered before 22:00, delivered on Tuesday
- Free tracked shipping over 75.00€
- Trustpilot review 9.4 out of 50.198 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- Organic brake pads provide excellent dosage and gripping speed.
- Aluminium backplate provides better heat resistance generated in long descents.
- These brake pads wear more quickly than brake pads with a harder compound.
- Will lose stopping power in longer descents despite the aluminium backplate.
|Bike Type||Mountain bike / Road bike|
|Hardness Brakepad||Soft (Resin/Organic)|
|Number of brake pads||1 Pair|
|Suitable for||SRAM D|
Sram Road Disc Alu brake pads are brake pads for Sram brakes. These pads are made of an organic compound, but have aluminium backplates.
Organic brake pads consist of soft materials. That ensures these brake pads provide excellent dosage and stopping power. The soft compound allows this brake pad to react faster. Aside from that, the organic compound also reduces the noise these brake pads make when used.
These brake pads sit on an aluminium backplate, which greatly improves heat dissipation. Organic brake pads are less suited for high temperatures than Semi-Metallic brake pads. The aluminium backplate however improves this quality a lot. That makes these brake pads excellent for use in flat or hilly regions.
If you mostly use your bike during summer and in flat or hilly terrain, these organic brake pads are a great choice. If you are more of a winter cyclist however, or do you cycle in mountainous terrain, you’re better off with Semi-Metallic or Metallic brake pads.