Tacx Flux S Smart T2900S Turbo Trainer
- Free tracked delivery to Finland
- Trustpilot review 9.2 out of 48.707 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- The Flux S Smart's resistance can be set using software for an ultra realistic cycling experience.
- With a maximum resistance capacity of 1500 Watt, the Smart S can simulate slopes of up to 10 percent.
- The integrated power meter has a deviation percentage of 3 percent for truly accurate training data.
- Equipped with ANT+, Bluetooth Smart and the ANT+ FE-C protocol for connecting to other devices and training software.
- Because of its limited resistance capacity, the Flux S Smart is less suited for truly fervent cyclists or hill-scalers.
- The body is only suited for Shimano and SRAM cassettes. To use the Flux S Smart with Campagnolo, you'll have to purchase an extra body.
|Connectivity||Interactive turbo trainer|
|Data Transfer||Bluetooth Smart / ANT+ / ANT+ FE-C|
|Available software||Tacx Desktop App / Zwift / The Sufferfest / Rouvy / FulGaz / Kinomap / TrainerRoad / Bkool Indoor / Skuga / GoldenCheetah / PerfPro Studio / Velo Reality|
|Adjustable resistance||Yes, software controlled|
|Maximum Hill Incline||10%|
|Maximum Resistance||1500 Watt|
The Tacx Flux S Smart T2900S turbo trainer is known for its excellent price-quality ratio. It’s ideal for cyclists looking for a reliable trainer for winter months, but don’t need the most advanced turbo trainer. The Flux S Smart is the successor to the popular Tacx Flux T2900. Unlike its predecessor, the Tacx Flux S Smart T2900S is suited for bicycles with a long cage derailleur.
One of the quietest turbo trainers available
The Flux S Smart is among the quieter turbo trainers among its peers. Ideal when you’re training in a noise-carrying environment. The Flux S Smart’s integrated power meter has an accuracy of up to 3 percent. This makes it ideal for cyclists training for watt level.
Wide range of training options
The Flux S Smart has a maximum resistance capacity of 1500 Watt. In addition, the Smart S can simulate slopes with a percentage increase of up to 10%. This allows for, within reason, a broad spectrum of trainings. The electronic brake enables automatic adjustment of training resistance, which results in precise simulations of climbs for a very realistic experience.
Connecting to software and devices
With ANT+ and Bluetooth signals you can quickly and easily connect to other devices, applications and software. Thanks to the ANT+ FE-C protocol you can allow for the turbo trainer to be controlled by Tacx apps or third party apps like Zwift. It’s also possible to train stand-alone. When uncoupled, the Tacx Flux will simulate a level road.
The Tacx Flux S Smart T2900S is an excellent choice for cyclists who want to keep training during winter, but don’t demand the maximum of a turbo trainer.
• Tacx Flux Smart T2900S Turbo Trainer
• Tacx quick release skewer
• 1 Month Tacx Desktop App Premium account
Note: Cassette not included.
Suited for through axle:
Whether your the Tacx Flux S Smart is suited for your bicycle, depends on the cassette. For a mountainbike with 142x12mm or 148x12mm through axle, you need an adapter. The latter measurement is also suited for racing bikes with disc brakes.