Spanninga Thor 1100 Front Light
- Free tracked shipping over 75,00€
- Trustpilot review 9.2 out of 48.741 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- The high light levels make it perfect for a night ride in the woods or on the road.
- Comes with a bar mount and a helmet mount.
- Easy tool-free installation.
- The low weight makes it perfect for use on your helmet.
- External battery which has to be mounted on the frame somewhere.
Spanninga, normally more focussed on functional and recreational use than sports and competition, showcases a high-power light system: the THOR. With this system Spanninga aims for the sports cyclists (racing, mountain biking, downhill, etc.), as well as on mountain, water, and winter sports.
The THOR convinces with many good qualities, and testers were absolutely won over.
THOR is a multi-sport lighting system that includes a CREE XM-L2 led. This creates a stunning light beam, optimum light output (up to 1100 lumen) and a long burn time of up to 10.5 hours, which simply pushes back the night.
The Thor is compact, but with the construction of a miniature tank. The brightness can be controlled by repeatedly briefly pressing the button, so you can switch from full power to ECO-mode (30% less light output). There is also a safety button (safe-switch-mode) on the THOR, so it can not accidentally be turned on in your bag. The illuminated on/off button indicates the battery status.
With its robust (2m drop resistant) and waterproof (IPX-8, submersion up to 2 m.) aluminium housing, the THOR is delivered as a complete kit in a convenient portable bag with all kinds of parts and accessories.
• Spanninga Thor 1100 headlight
• Battery in a waterproof neoprene protective cover
• Helmet mount
• Head mount
• Velcro cable binder
• 120 cm extension cord
• 1A wall-socket charger