Shimano R9100-P Powermeter
- Free tracked delivery to Finland
- Trustpilot review 9.2 out of 48.749 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- Bluetooth Smart and ANT+ signal for communication with your cycling computer.
- Easy Zero reset by just pressing one button.
- Wireless system updates possible.
- Only suitable for Dura Ace chainwheels.
- Not suitable for BB386 bottom brackets.
With the Shimano R9100-P double sided power meter Shimano sets a high quality power meter on the market. This product is perfect if you already have a 9100 crankset so you can directly swap the chain rings for these ones. If Shimano comes with a new product you can rest assured that it has been tested thoroughly and works without fault. The system is waterproof in all conditions. The battery is chargeable with a cable and doesn't have to be replaced therefore. Fully charged the battery lasts +/- 300 hours, depending on the weather and use. The advantage of riding with power meter is that it's not dependent on shape, tiredness, or weather so always displayed in the same way. This makes it a better benchmark than heart rate during cycling. The combination of both says a lot about load and build-up. With the right balance between exercise and rest your power will increase with the same heart rate. The Dura Ace R9100 also measures cadence with a sensor that rotates along a magnet. Cadence measurement with a magnet is more accurate than a built-in accelerometer because the latter is influenced by vibrations. Can be connected via ANT+ or bluetooth.
Please note: Comes without chainwheels.