Garmin Edge 530 MTB Bike GPS Bundle
- Ordered before 22:00, delivered on Monday
- Free tracked delivery to Ireland
- Trustpilot review 9.4 out of 50.112 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- MTB Dynamics shows all data regarding descents, trails and jumps.
- Comes with the TrailForks App, which shows popular MTB routes in more than 80 countries.
- Battery life: 20 hours at normal use; 40 hours in energy saving mode.
- Intuitive and user-friendly button controls.
- GPS, GLONASS, and Galileo satellite support for quick and accurate navigation.
- The 2.6" display can be a bit hard to read for the visually impaired.
- Doesn't come with a touch screen.
- No heart rate monitor or cadence sensor in the MTB Bundle
- Can't create routes, but you can upload one through your smartphone or PC.
The Garmin Edge 530 MTB Bundle was designed for the most demanding mountain bikers, and is indispensable on your favourite trails. This bundle consists of the Garmin Edge 530, a MTB handlebar mount, a sturdy silicone protective cover, and the Garmin Speed Sensor 2. The included Garmin Edge remote really completes the whole package. This remote lets you quickly swipe through the menus without taking your hands off the handlebar.
The Garmin Edge 530 is the much improved successor to the Garmin Edge 520 cycle computer. The Edge 530 is the perfect training buddy, while it can also navigate from A to B. It's possible to create a route and load it into the cycle computer using the Garmin Connect App or for example Garmin Basecamp. Navigating using the Garmin Edge 530 cycle computer uses turn-by-turn directions to prevent you from going the wrong way. In the event this does happen, it'll lead you straight back to the right route. Thanks to the GPS, GLONASS and Galileo satellite support, you'll even have signal in the most remote areas or mountains.
The processor has been dramatically improved compared to the Garmin Edge 520. The Edge 530 calculates routes twice as fast as its predecessor. In addition, the overall control is faster and the response time of the buttons was sped up. The clear colour display is easy to read in sunlight and has a screen diagonal of 2.6" or 6.6 cm.
Battery life of the Garmin Edge 530 is also longer: it now lasts up to 20 hours. In battery saving mode, the cycle computer is usable for 40 hours, although this mode does switch off some functionality. The Edge 530 is IPX7 waterproof, which means it can withstand the worst weather, as well as (rain) showers and snow. Accidentally dropped your bike gps in a puddle? No worries: the Edge 530 can keep out the water submerged up to 1 metre for 30 minutes.
The Garmin Edge 530 is equipped with a wide range of 'smart' features. For connecting to your smartphone or the internet, the Garmin has Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity. After pairing the cycling computer to your phone, you can use Garmin's Smart Notifications to see who's calling or messaging you. In addition, you can keep the folks back home in the loop of your location through LiveTrack. Planning a long ride? Weather Alerts ensure you're always aware of the weather that's coming. It's also possible to display Strava Live Segments. Are you an avid MTBer? Then the TrailForks app and MTB Dynamics feature are a must.
The 530 comes with a Garmin remote, allowing you to navigate the menu without taking your hands off the handlebar. In addition, the Garmin Edge 530 MTB Bundle contains a speed sensor for accurate speed measurement as well as a silicone cover.
The advantage of the Garmin Edge 530 Performance BundleThe Edge 530 Performance Bundle contains the Garmin HRM Dual heart rate monitor, Speed Sensor 2 and Cadence Sensor 2. This bundle is cheaper than purchasing all accessories separately. Are you interested in the sensor bundle, then check out the Garmin Edge 530 Performance Bundle. Read more
• Garmin Edge 530 cycle computer
• Garmin silicone protective cover
• Garmin remote
• Garmin Speed Sensor 2
• Garmin micro-USB cable
• Garmin Flush outfront bar mount
• Garmin standard handlebar mount
• Garmin safety tether