Castelli Alpha Ros Windbreaker
- Free tracked delivery to Ireland
- Trustpilot review 9.4 out of 50.239 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- The Rain or Shine concept provides good insulation and breathability for cold and dry rides as well as good waterproofing.
- The YKK Vision zipper is completely waterproof.
- No humid feel like you get with other rain jackets.
- The aerodynamic cut means it fits nicely and doesn't flap around in the wind.
- The back is lengthened and made of the special Nanoflex Xtra Dry material which offers the best protection against water.
- You won't want to wear your old rain jacket again after having worn the Alpha Ros.
The Castelli Alpha Ros jacket contains all the ingredients for a perfect jacket used in any conditions autumn or winter can throw at you. Rain, cold or shine: Bring it on! Up to this point, your cycling wardrobe contained items for dry conditions, and some items to cope with the wet days. You never wore rain clothing on dry days since it would get too warm on the inside, while the garments are often not very aerodynamic on the outside. Conversely, your dry weather outfits weren't suitable to cope with any unexpected rain showers. The new Castelli Alpha Ros makes all this a thing of the past, creating an all in one winter jacket.
This jacket has a 2-layer construction that separates the insulation layer from the outer layer. If you have zipped both layers it will ensure optimal insulation, but when it gets warm, you zip open one layer to get some extra ventilation. Ideal for changeable weather or an intensive ride. The high collar prevents the cold wind from entering while the new Gore-Tex Windstopper material with DWR treatment ensures that this jacket performs well on all fronts. Rainwater is optimally kept outside while perspiration still finds its way out. Keeping you nice and dry in this Castelli Alpha Ros jacket.