Garmin Edge 830 Bike GPS
- Ordered before 22:00, delivered on Tuesday
- Free tracked delivery to Finland
- Trustpilot review 9.2 out of 48.652 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- Battery life: 20 hours at normal use; 40 hours in energy saving mode.
- Will direct you back on-route if you stray off-route.
- Sensitive touchscreen for easy menu navigation.
- GPS, GLONASS, and Galileo satellite support for quick and accurate navigation.
- Supports ANT+, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi.
- The 2.6" display can be a bit hard to read for the visually impaired.
The Garmin Edge 830 cycle computer with navigation will always lead you straight from A to B. The Edge 830 bike gps uses turn-by-turn directions, which ensures you don't stray off route. In case this does happen, it will direct you back on-route straight away. Thanks to GPS, GLONASS, and Galileo satellite support, you'll have excellent reception, even in the mountains or remote areas.
The processor has been dramatically improved compared to the Garmin Edge 820. It calculates the route twice as fast as its predecessor. In addition, the sensitivity of the touchscreen as well as the response time of the display and buttons have been improved. The clear colour display can be read at a glance, even in sunlight and is 2.6" or 6.6 cm.
Battery life of the Garmin Edge 830 was increased greatly, lasting up to 20 hours at normal use. In the battery saving mode, the Edge 830 can be used up to 40 hours even. In this mode, some functionalities are switched off.
The Garmin Edge 830 is IPX7 waterproof, which means it can withstand the worst weather. Accidentally dropped your bike gps in a puddle? No worries: the Edge 830 can keep out the water submerged up to 1 metre for 30 minutes.
The Garmin Edge 830 is equipped with a wide range of 'smart' features. For connecting to your smartphone or the internet, the Garmin has Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity. After pairing the cycle computer to your phone, you can use Garmin's Smart Notifications to see who's calling or messaging you. In addition, you can keep the folks back home in the loop of your location through LiveTrack. Planning a long ride? Weather Alerts ensure you're always aware of the weather that's coming. It's also possible to display Strava Live Segments. Are you an avid MTBer? Then the TrailForks app and MTB Dynamics feature are a must.
Lacking sensors? Check out the Garmin Edge 830 Bundle!A bundle is cheaper than buying the Garmin Edge 830 cycle computer and its accessories separately. The Garmin Edge 830 Performance Bundle contains a heart rate monitor, speed sensor, and cadence sensor. More into mountain biking? Then there's a special Garmin Edge 830 MTB Bundle. This bundle contains a protective cover, remote control, and speed sensor. Read more
• Garmin Edge 830 cycle computer
• Garmin micro-USB cable
• Garmin Flush outfront bar mount
• Garmin standard handlebar mount
• Garmin safety tether