Stages Ultegra R8000 L/R Gen 3 Double-sided power meter
- Free tracked delivery to Ireland
- Trustpilot review 9.2 out of 49.401 reviews
30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- Bluetooth Smart and ANT+ technology makes connecting with other electronics a quick and easy task.
- 2 separate power meters, which can be used combined or independently.
- Precise measurement of the applied power (only +-1,5% deviation)
- The CR2032 batteries cannot be recharged, so they have to replaced every now and then.
The Stages Ultegra R8000 L/R cranks are a precise double-sided power meter. The double-sided power meter has been tested for more than two years by Team Sky and Chris Froome, the winner of both the Tour de France and the Vuelta d'espana in 2017. The Stages Ultegra R8000 L/R also measures the smoothness of the pedal rotation and the torque to yield. The Stages Ultegra R8000 L/R is a perfect fit in the Stages Performance Ecosystem combined with the Stages Link software and the Stages Dash cycling computer.
Left and right are measured by separate sensors and can be used independently. This enables you to for example mount the right crank on one bike and the left crank on another. If you use both crank arms on one bike, you get a double-sided power meter. Thanks to Active Temp Compensation (ATC), a precision of +/-1,5% at 100 watts and 90 RPM is achieved. The Stages Ultegra R8000 L/R is water resistant and has an IPX7 certificate. Both power meters have a CR2032 battery which lasts for about 175 hours.