What are the warranty terms and conditions?
Art. 1 - Warranty provisions
- The entrepreneur guarantees that the delivered products are free from construction and/or material defects and/or corrosion, defects caused by faulty use of a product are not included for warranty.
- The warranty can only be claimed by the first owner of the product.
- The warranty is not transferable.
- The warranty provided based on these conditions does not affect the ability to point out the ordinary legal provisions of the Dutch Civil Code.
Art. 2 - Warranty period
Products are warranted for two years for construction and/or material defects.
Art. 3 - Warranty coverage
- During the warranty period all parts, which are established by the entrepreneur to have a material and/or construction defect, will be repaired or replaced at the choice of the entrepreneur. Any costs of (dis)assembly shall be borne by the consumer.
- Cost of transportation to and from the entrepreneur shall be borne by the consumer.
If a particular component is eligible for warranty and the original is no longer available, then the entrepreneur offers an alternative equivalent.
Art. 4 - Submit warranty claim
Claims under this warranty need to be presented with the original (digital) invoice or proof of purchase, for inspection by the entrepreneur.
Art. 5 - Warranty liability
A warranty claim accepted by entrepreneur does not mean the entrepreneur accepts liability for any damage sustained. The entrepreneur's liability never extends further than described in these conditions. Any liability of the entrepreneur concerning consequential damages is explicitly excluded.
Art. 6 - Warranty exclusions
- On parts subjected to wear, such as tyres, chains, chainrings, freewheels, cassettes, bodies, cables and brake pads no warranty is given, except in the case of construction and/or material defects.
- In the following cases the warranty expires:
Specific product conditions and exclusions:
- 2.1 Improper and/or careless use of the product and use that is not according the guidelines;
- 2.2 The product is not maintained accordance the instructions specified by the manufacturer;
- 2.3 Technical repairs have not been carried out in a professional manner;
- 2.4 Parts assembled afterwards do not match the technical specifications of the concerned product, or the product is not installed correctly;
- 3.1 Wheelsets: excluded from the warranty are wheel bearings and other moving components. Also spoke breakage is excluded from the guarantee, unless caused by construction and/or material faults. To prevent spoke breakage, a new set of wheels needs to be re-tightened after 500 km, you can visit our shop for this or you can go to your local bike shop. Re-tightening is not included in the price of the wheelset.
- 3.2 Suspension forks: To guarantee high performance, safety, and a long lifespan of your suspension fork, periodic maintenance is required. Look for the maintenance schedule of your fork in the user manual, which can also be downloaded from the manufacturer's website. Warranty does not cover normal wear and tear. Parts that are subject to wear and tear suffer damage caused by normal use and the lack of maintenance according to the manufacturer.
- 3.3 Polar heart rate sensors: The warranty on batteries is limited to 6 months. In some cases, the sensor's battery is not replaceable, the purchase of a new sensor is necessary. All warranty claims are handled directly by Polar Netherlands;
- 3.4 Mantel Helmet Replacement - all brands: If, within 2 years of purchase, a helmet bought from Mantel is damaged in a crash to such a degree that it's no longer safe to use (e.g.: cracks or tears in the foam), then we offer you the option of replacing the damaged helmet. You’ll receive a discount equal to 40% of the original purchase price of your bike helmet.
Bontrager helmets: Within the first year after purchase, you’ll receive a 100% discount on the current recommended sale price when buying an identical helmet with the same size and colour. In the second year, Mantel Helmet Replacement (40% discount) is in effect;
Giro / Bell helmets: Mantel Helmet Replacement is valid for three years.
Art. 7 - Maintenance
We advise to maintain purchased products to the instructions of the manufacturer. Maintenance prevents problems and guarantees a longer life span. For advice about performing maintenance, you can visit our stores.