Shimano D02S Metal Disc Brake Pads
- Free tracked shipping over 75,00€
- Trustpilot review 9.2 out of 48.749 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- The brake pads last very long.
- The brake pads resist the heat caused by frequent braking during a descent.
- The brake pads have a lower gripping speed than softer brake pads.
- Sintered brake pads produce more noise while braking.
|Bike Type||Mountain bike|
|Hardness Brakepad||Hard (Metal)|
|Suitable for||Shimano B|
The Shimano D02S Metal brake pads are suitable for Shimano disc brakes. The compound of sintered brake pads is made of resin mixed with metal particles. This makes the compound very tough and wear-resistant. These brake pads are also very resistant to high temperatures that can be caused during long descents especially. The downside is that these brake pads react slower than organic or semi-metallic brake pads and produce more noise during braking.
This makes these brake pads very suited for cycling in muddy terrain requiring a lot of braking. That’s common in muddy rides in hilly terrain. These brake pads are also very suited for downhill, enduro and muddy cyclocross rides.
Manufacturers use different sizes & fits. Make sure if the shape of the brake pad in the image corresponds with your current brake pad. Not sure what shape you have, scroll down to the bottom of this page. There, you’ll find which brake pad is suited for which type of brake.