Mavic Ksyrium Elite UST Road Bike Wheels
- Ordered now, delivered on Monday next week
- Free tracked delivery to Finland
- Trustpilot review 9.4 out of 52.531 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- Weighing only 1520 grams, the Ksyrium Elite UST wheels are ideally suited for use in hilly and mountainous terrain.
- The UST tubeless system ensures a snug connection between rim and tyre. This means that the setup is perfectly airtight and can even be made tubeless with an ordinary bicycle pump.
- The Ksyrium UST Elite wheel set is equipped with durable, well sealed and adjustable Mavic QRM+ bearings. Dirt and moisture are less likely to affect the bearings, which increases their service life.
- Registering the wheels on the Mavic website extends the manufacturer's warranty from 2 to 3 years.
- The UST technology is at its best with Mavic UST tyres. Other tubeless tyres do not fit the rim as well.
- The Ksyrium Pro UST Disc is only available with Shimano 10-11 speed. But there are Mavic FTS-L Campagnolo bodies separately available.
The Mavic Ksyrium Elite UST road bike wheels have been one Mavic's most popular wheels for years. The Ksyrium Elite wheels weigh only 1520 grams. The wheels are teeming with unique production technologies from Mavic which makes them very reliable. The Ksyrium Elite UST road bike wheels are a great choice for the demanding climber, who demands a lot from his wheels both going up and coming down.
With an internal rim width of 17mm in combination with the 25mm Mavic Yksion Pro UST tyres, you'll experience more comfort, grip and speed. The Mavic Ksyrium Elite UST road bike wheels have, thanks to the UST tubeless technology, less chance of punctures, lower rolling resistance and an improved rider experience. The Mavic UST tubeless system has such a good connection between rim and tyre that you can make it tubeless by use of a normal bicycle pump.
The rims of the Mavic Ksyrium Elite UST wheels are made of Maxtal aluminium, making them both lightweight and strong. The welds are precision milled for a stronger and smoother brake surface, using the SUP process. Furthermore, the rim has been produced in such a way that selective reinforcement has been applied at the location of the spoke nipples; Inter Spoke Milling (ISM) The 'bridge' between the spokes has however been kept as light as possible. All this results in a wheel that is as light and versatile as possible. Although the Ksyrium Elite UST wheels had to be light, the stiffness of the wheel has not been forgotten either. For example, spoke nipples are mounted directly in the rim instead of being drilled according to the "Fore" process, resulting in a stiffer and stronger wheel. The Isopulse spoke profile further contributes to optimal stiffness. The hubs are equipped with double sealed bearings according to Mavic's highest standard; QRM+. The QRM+ bearings can even be adjusted as desired so that you always maintain the correct tension on the bearings. All this ensures that the bearings keep running properly for longer.
(UST) Universal Tubeless Standard
The Mavic Ksyrium Elite UST road bike wheels can also be made tubeless thanks to the UST technology. This has many advantages such as reduced rolling resistance, more riding comfort and improved grip. The main advantage of tubeless riding is that you can continue to cycle when you have a puncture. The liquid latex fills the hole in the tire within seconds.
With Mavic Care you can extend the warranty to 3 years by registering your purchased wheel set on the Mavic website within 30 days. It also activates the possibility of crash replacement so you can get up to 40% discount on a similar product. You are eligible for this if your wheel can no longer be repaired after a fall or collision.
The MyMavic app (available from the App Store and Google Play) gives you advice on the right tyre width and pressure, tailored to your rim width and the surface.
• Mavic Ksyrium Elite UST wheelset
• Mavic Yksion Pro UST tyres (25 mm)
• Mavic BR301 quick release skewers
• Mavic tubeless latex
• Mavic multifunctional spoke wrench and tyre lever
• Tubeless valves and necessities