Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher Road Bike Wheels
- Free tracked delivery
- Trustpilot review 9.3 out of 42.893 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- These Zipp wheels will make any bike look better.
- High aerodynamic advantage due to the 82 mm deep rim.
- Side winds have a relatively small effect on the wheels because of their rounded shape and ABCL dimples on the rim.
The Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher road bike wheels have been designed with pure speed in mind. This is a wheelset which has proven itself in numerous triathlons, time trials, and even road races. The familiar Firecrest design is known for having an almost continuous rim width, running from spoke bed to brake track. This leads to improved control over the airflow and improved aerodynamics. The Zipp 808 Carbon Clincher Firecrest is therefore faster and more stable than other wheels with a similar rim depth. The 77/177 hubs have a custom flange geometry and spoke mounts. This further increases the torsional- and lateral rigidity. The Carbon Clincher technology by Zipp also offers excellent stopping power. By using a special type of resin based on motor sports technology, the rim is capable of withstanding the high temperatures associated with braking.Read more
• Zipp 808 Carbon Firecrest wheelset
• Rim tape
• Quick Releases
• Valve extenders
• Inner tubes
• Spoke wrenches