Thule's latest addition. The revolutionair Thule RaceWay 991 is the strongest and safest bike carrier for on your rear door. Moreover, this carrier is very easy to use. Many cars these days don't have a towbar so this carrier is the ideal solution. The bike carrier is attached to the car with straps and can be easily folded and stored. The Sure-Tight lashings with tension mechanism provide a maximum reinforced attachment to your vehicle, to be sure the carrier can't move. This carrier can carry up to 2 bikes of max 15kg. Do check the FitGuide on the Thule website. This will give you information regarding the application of this product on your car.
Not for use with bikes that have a non-standard frame (eg. women's bikes, BMXs and some mountain bikes).
PLEASE NOTE:This product is not compatible with every car. Check the Thule configurator on the Thule website, or have a look at our buyer's guide below.
securing cables won't tighten sufficiently on my c (1)
additional foam padding needed to prevent sway (1)
Most recent reviews
4 / 10
Michelle, 13 July 2016
Bike wobbles a lot
My bike has a square top tube so it's not held securely, I'm surprised the makers don't supply cradles that can compensate for this. It's a high end bike rack very chunky, strong and well made just disappointed I need to adapt it with some additional foam to be confident travelling a long way
easy to fit mostly
Bike sways in the cradles
some really fiddly bits
securing cables won't tighten sufficiently on my c
additional foam padding needed to prevent sway
9 / 10
Alan, 20 May 2016
Well constructed and fit for purpose
Takes a bit of time to work out how to fit the first time, after that its easy to install, was a bit worried about the top part resting on the glass on my Audi A5 especially with the number of speed bumps where I live. no issues yet
9 / 10
Craig, 17 May 2016
Easy to fit and very stable
Fitted it without instructions in 10 minutes. Bikes fit well (my large MTB and my wifes small MTB) and are nice and secure
Easy to fit
Easier to load/unload than a top rack
Folds up for easy storage
Expensive against others
Rear number plate gets hidden
10 / 10
Alexandra, 5 May 2016
Perfect system for bike carriage
Easy to fit, no damage to the car, secure and adjustable to suit different bicycles.
Fitted within 5 mins of getting it out of the box to my E90 bmw 330d.
Mantel, as usual, where great with their service. They are my go to site when I need things.
Quick to assemble
Expensive (worth it though)
10 / 10
Benjamin, 12 April 2016
Best cycle carrier I've ever used!
This cycle carrier is super easy to use. The picture says most of it. Easy to tighten the straps but maybe on the heavy side to be attaching it to your car on your own. Once the carrier is attached to the car and the bikes are installed, they don't move an inch!
Sports bicycles (Aluminium) / Sports bicycles (Carbon) / City bikes
Suitable for vehicle
• Sure-Tight lashings with tension mechanism provide a maximum reinforced attachment to your vehicle.
• Patented FitDial guarantees a 'perfect fit' for your vehicle.
• Molded protective rubber pads provide a firm grip to the vehicle and protect against scratches.
• Unsurpassed carriers with RDT (Road Dampening Technology) connect the bikes to the carrier and absorb the shocks from the road.
• Patented No-sway cages prevent bikes from touching each other or hitting the vehicle.
• In the narrow carrier arms fit a variety of bike frames including smaller kids bikes. The arms can be folded when not in use.
• Lockable: bike to bike carrier and bike carrier to vehicle (including locks).
• Can be folded flat and therefore easy to transport and store.
• This product does not have a universal fit. Check the Thule Fit Guide for information on specific car models. http://www.thule.com/en-us/us/buyers-guide