Tacx Flux Smart T2900 Turbo Trainer
- Free tracked delivery
- Trustpilot review 9.4 out of 50.066 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- Features ANT+, Bluetooth Smart and the ANT+ FE-C protocol for pairing with other devices and training software such as Zwift.
- With a maximum resistance of 1500 watts, the Flux Smart T2900 can simulate slopes up to a 10 % gradient.
- Direct Drive trainers make less noise than wheel-on trainers.
- The Tacx Flux Smart T2900 is with 1500 watts slightly less powerful than its bigger brother Flux 2 Smart T2980.
- The body is only suitable for Shimano and SRAM cassettes. A body for Campagnolo or SRAM XD cassette is available as an option.
|Connectivity||Interactive turbo trainer|
|Data Transfer||Bluetooth Smart / ANT+ / ANT+ FE-C|
|Available software||Tacx Desktop App / Zwift / The Sufferfest / Rouvy / FulGaz / Kinomap / TrainerRoad / Bkool Indoor / Skuga / GoldenCheetah / PerfPro Studio / Velo Reality|
|Adjustable resistance||Yes, software controlled|
|Maximum Hill Incline||10%|
|Maximum Resistance||1500 Watt|
The Tacx Flux Smart T2900 is a compact and realistic interactive direct-drive trainer that gives you a realistic feel of cycling. The The Tacx Flux is the little brother of the Tacx Flux 2 Smart T2980. Thanks to the highly reactive Smart-electronics and the 7 kg flywheel, any fluctuations in resistance are instantly transferred to your legs. That way, every climb is imitated for a realistic climbing experience.
In order to reduce the noise, all parts of the Tacx Flux Smart have been selected as carefully as possible. This results in a very quiet turbo trainer. The Flux Smart uses ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart to communicate with other devices, making it compatible with smartphones, tablets, and (cycling)computers. The ANT+ FE-C protocol allows you to train with both the Tacx apps and those made by third parties such as Zwift and TrainerRoad. Indoor training should never have to be boring again. By using apps you can virtually cycle up the Alpe d'Huez, or sprint against cyclists on the other side of the world.The trainer can also be used as a stand-alone unit. If you don't pair the Tacx Flux turbo trainer, it will simulate a flat road.
With the Flux Smart T2900, Tacx has put a Direct Drive turbo trainer on the market with a very good price/quality ratio, and is ideal for cyclists and mountain bikers who are looking for an affordable turbo trainer to always be able to continue training indoors.
• Tacx Flux Smart T2900
• Tacx QR
Note: Cassette is not included.
Thru-Axles: Do you have a bike with thru-axle or disc brakes? With the following adapters, it is possible to place your bike on the Tacx Flux Smart T2900 if you have a 135x10 mm axle, a 142 x 12 mm axle or a 148x12 mm axle.
• 135x10 mm: Tacx T2840 Direct Drive blockage-as
• 142x12 mm and 148x12 mm: Tacx T2835 Direct Drive blockage-as
Campagnolo / SRAM XD: The Tacx Flux Smart T2900 is not suitable for Campagnolo and SRAM XD cassettes. With the following bodies you can easily mount your Campagnolo or SRAM XD body in three steps:
• Campagnolo Body
• SRAM XD body.