Because of the larger 12-speed cassette in the Sram XX1 Eagle groupset, the X-Horizon rear derailleur design of the Sram XX1 12-speed has been adapted. The cage has been made slightly longer and the lower jockey wheel now has 14 instead of 12 sprockets. The Roller Bearing Clutch has been refined and provides linear force over the entire range of the cage.
This new derailleur not only answers the Eagle™ drivetrain’s need for greater capacity, but is also the next evolution of our proven, 1x-specific X-HORIZON™ design. The larger, 14-tooth X-SYNC™ lower pulley, allows 10- to 50-tooth cassette capacity in this compact design, and also adds to Eagle’s overall smooth-pedaling feel. Our new, Type-3 ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH™ features a smoother torque curve for a quieter, more consistent operation and feel. CAGE LOCK™ has been moved back and out of the way, protecting it from trail debris. A redesigned, robust mounting system further improves the Eagle™ derailleur’s performance and overall durability.
• Completely redesigned rear derailleur incorporating our proven X-HORIZON™ design and new Type-3 ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH™ technology
• Re-engineered mounting system and repositioned CAGE LOCK™ add robustness
• Eagle™ pulley technology provides greater efficiency, crisper shifting and quieter operation
• Carbon cage and lightweight hardware make it light and tough
• SPEEDS: 12
• MATERIAL: Forged aluminum and carbon fiber
• COLORS: Black, Gold
• OUTER CAGE: Carbon fiber
• COMPATIBILITY: Eagle™ 10-50t only
• INNER CAGE: Forged aluminum
• SPRING: Titanium
• BEARINGS: Stainless
• CAGE SIZES: Eagle™
• MOUNT OPTIONS: New improved B-Bolt attachment improves RD durability and consistency.
• MAX TOOTH: 50
• PULLEYS: Eagle™ chain compatible
• PULL: X-ACTUATION™
• TECHNOLOGY HIGHLIGHT(S): X-HORIZON™, X-ACTUATION™, X-SYNC™, ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH™, CAGE LOCK™
• B KNUCKLE: All new B-Bolt attachment method reduces noise and improves durability
• OTHER: Type 3 ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH™