Sram Force 22 Groupset
- Free tracked delivery
- Trustpilot review 9.4 out of 51.625 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- The Force 22 groupset stands out because of its low weight and easy operation.
- It takes a little getting used to, but the Doubletap system really works great!
|Number of gears||11 speed|
|Brake Type||Traditional Rim Brake|
The needs and wishes differ from rider to rider. Something you're looking for in a groupset might be something completely irrelevant to another cyclist. For that reason, you're now able to put together your own composition of the Sram Force 22 groupset. All we do is prevent accidental incompatibility issues. An 11-25 cassette for instance won't optimally work with a long-cage rear derailleur (WiFli), whereas an 11-32 cassette won't work at all with a short-cage rear derailleur. We've locked out similarly incompatible combinations of bottom bracket bearings and crank sets.
The name says it all: the Sram Force 22 groupset has 22 gears; 2 times 11. Sram Force 22 is the second groupset (after Sram Red) to feature the Yaw front derailleur, allowing you to use all 22 gears without trimming the derailleur. The Force 22 rear derailleur has all the technology built into it to ensure highly accurate and silent shifts. The Exact Actuation technology offers accurate, efficient shifts at any point on the cassette. The WiFli rear derailleur can be used with both the double and compact crankset. If you opt for a compact crankset and pair it to an 11-32 cassette, you get an incredibly wide range of gears.
• Shifters: Sram Force 22, 2 x 11 speed
• Crank set: Sram Force 22
• Cassette: PG-1170 cassette, 11 speed
• Rear derailleur: Sram Force 22, 11 speed
- The choice between a short- and long-cage rear derailleur is automatically linked to your choice of cassette, so a short cage up to the 28t, and a WiFli derailleur from 30t onward.
• Front derailleur: Sram Force 22 double, YAW (braze on)
• Chain: Sram PC-1170, 11 speed
• Brake calipers: Sram Force 22
• Including outer- and inner cables
This groupset really deserves a set of ceramic bearings, but can perfectly used with steel bearings to reduce the overall costs, which can also be found on our website. Sram uses the following bottom bracket bearings with this groupset:
For threaded GXP bearings:
- Sram GXP team BSA
For Press-fit GXP bearings:
- Sram GXP Press Fit Race
For BB30 bearings:
- Sram BB30
For Press-fit BB30 bearings:
- Sram Press Fit 30