The Speedplay Zero Chrome-Moly V2 pedals with walkable cleats. This version comes with cleats which have been rounded off, making them easier to walk on. The Chrome-Moly series is the basic version in the Speedplay Zero range. At just 111 grams per pedal and its wide range of adjustability, it's by no means basic in its performance! The list of properties of the Speedplay Zero pedal range could be a straight copy of a pro's wish-list. No other pedal comes close to the Zero when it comes to adjustability, weight, and durability. By throwing out all the conventional ideas about clipless pedals (Version 1.0 isn't always the best), Speedplay has created and patented the most advanced pedal system to date.
Speedplay pedals have several advantages over other road bike pedals. For instance, your foot is very close to the axle of the pedal, optimising your power transfer. The pedal is also extremely flat, allowing you to pedal into corners for longer as well as aiding aerodynamics. You can also engage to the pedal from two sides, as the locking mechanism is located in the cleats. These also allow you to adjust the play between 0 and 15 degrees. As the mechanism is located in the cleats, the pedals stay nice and light.
• Material axle: chromo steel
• 2 industrial bearings, 1 needle bearing
• Efficient pedal stroke because of the minimal distance to the axle
• Double-sided for additional user friendliness
• Adjustable play: 0-15 degrees
• Increased ground clearance means higher cornering speeds
• Stack height 11.5mm (3-point sole), 8,5mm (4-point sole)
Weight excluding cleats (weighed by Mantel):
• 222 grams per set