Shimano Ultegra R8000 SPD-SL Pedals
- Free tracked delivery
- Trustpilot review 9.3 out of 47.768 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- Only marginally heavier than the Dura Ace pedals but at a much friendlier price.
- The stainless steel pedal axle is maintenance-free.
- The wide surface area of the pedal ensures optimal power transfer and load distribution.
- The material of the pedal is a little softer which means it's more easily damaged in the event of an impact.
- Compared to some of the other pedals, the Ultegra pedals are fairly expensive.
The Ultegra R8000 SPD-SL pedals have once again been further optimised when it comes to power transfer efficiency. In order to make this happen, the pedal body has been lowered to get closer to the axle. This means no power is lost in the adjoining material, creating an optimal balance between low weight and maximum power transfer. The body rotates around a stainless steel axle with double bearings in each pedal. The width ensures optimal stability, while the steel plates improve durability. The spring tension is still adjustable, meaning you can set up how hard it is to (dis)engage the pedal.
• Shimano Ultegra R8000 SPD-SL pedals
• Shimano SPD-SL Cleats yellow