Shimano SPD Multi Release Cleats
- Delivery in 2-3 working days
- Free tracked shipping over £35.00
- Trustpilot review 9.3 out of 46.383 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- Multi-release, meaning you can disengage in several ways, ensuring you can always get out of your pedals.
- Made from steel, so these cleats have been built to last.
- Water and mud can seize the bolts over time, so remember to grease the thread of the bolts.
The Shimano SH-SM56 cleats are so-called multi-release cleats. This means there are three different ways in which you can disengage from the pedals: by moving your heel outward, by tilting your shoes up and to the right, and/or by pulling up. This multitude of options to disengage from your pedals makes the cleats well-suited for beginners and bikers who don't quite feel sure about using clipless pedals. If you're into jumping your bike, we don't recommend these cleats. When you jump, your feet can make sudden or strange moves, which could in turn lead to you accidentally disengaging from the pedals.
If you're more familiar with clipless pedals, then we recommend you have a look at the SM-SH51 single release cleats.
• Shimano SM-SH56 multi-release cleats
• 4 mounting bolts