Shimano R550 SPD-SL Pedals
- Free tracked delivery
- Trustpilot review 9.4 out of 50.870 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- The pedals have a superb price/quality ratio.
- The larger contact surface has improved pedal efficiency.
- A metal plate on the resin body increases durability.
- The pedals are a bit on the heavy side.
- The bearings in these pedals are less durable than in higher-priced pedals.
The R550 pedals are a continued development of Shimano's R540 pedals. The new R550 pedals are made of synthetic resin. A CroMo steel shaft is used in combination with the cup cone bearings from Shimano. The R550 pedals use a large surface area for maximum power transfer to the pedals. For durability, a steel plate has been added to the area where you often click in and out. This makes these pedals extra long lasting.
• Shimano PD-R550
• Includes yellow SM-SH11 yellow cleats