Shimano M06 Metal Disc Brake Pads
- Free tracked shipping over £35.00
- Trustpilot review 9.3 out of 47.772 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- These brake pads give you good braking power, no matter how warm the brake gets.
- These brake pads are very wear-resistant.
- These brake pads have a later application point than semi-metallic or organic brake pads.
- The brake pads may make more noise when braking.
The Shimano M06 disc brake pads Y8CL98010 are sintered brake pads for Shimano disc brakes. The compound of sintered brake pads is made of resin mixed with metal particles. This makes the compound very tough and wear-resistant. These brake pads are also very resistant to high temperatures that can be caused during long descents especially. The downside is that these brake pads react slower than organic or semi-metallic brake pads and produce more noise during braking.
This makes these brake pads very suited for cycling in muddy terrain requiring a lot of braking. That’s common in muddy rides in hilly terrain. These brake pads are also very suited for downhill, enduro and muddy cyclocross rides.
Manufacturers use different sizes & fits. Make sure if the shape of the brake pad in the image corresponds with your current brake pad. Not sure what shape you have, scroll down to the bottom of this page. There, you’ll find which brake pad is suited for which type of brake.