Shimano K04Ti Metal Disc Brake Pads
- Free tracked shipping over £35.00
- Trustpilot review 9.2 out of 49.501 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- These brake pads always perform optimally, regardless of the circumstances.
- These brake pads are very wear-resistant.
- Due to the titanium backplate, these brake pads weigh very little.
- These brake pads don’t grip as quickly as softer brake pads.
- Sintered brake pads produce more noise during braking.
|Bike Type||Mountain bike / Road bike|
|Hardness Brakepad||Hard (Metal)|
|Suitable for||Shimano G|
Shimano K04Ti Metal are sintered brake pads for Shimano disc brakes. The compound of sintered brake pads is made of resin mixed with metal particles. This makes the compound very tough and wear-resistant. These brake pads are also very resistant to high temperatures that can be caused during long descents especially. The downside is that these brake pads react slower than organic or semi-metallic brake pads and produce more noise during braking.
This makes these brake pads very suited for cycling in muddy terrain requiring a lot of braking. That’s common in muddy rides in hilly terrain. These brake pads are also very suited for downhill, enduro and muddy cyclocross rides.
Manufacturers use different sizes & fits. Make sure if the shape of the brake pad in the image corresponds with your current brake pad. Not sure what shape you have, scroll down to the bottom of this page. There, you’ll find which brake pad is suited for which type of brake.