Shimano A01S Resin Disc Brake Pads
- Free tracked shipping over £35.00
- Trustpilot review 9.3 out of 46.300 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- These brake pads give excellent dosability.
- These brake pads react immediately when you squeeze the brake.
- These brake pads make little noise.
- These brake pads can lose braking power if they become too hot, for example on long descents.
- These pads wear out faster than harder pads.
Shimano Y8EP98010 are organic brake pads for Shimano disc brakes. Organic brake pads consist of soft materials. That ensures these brake pads provide excellent dosage and stopping power. The soft compound allows this brake pad to react faster. Aside from that, the organic compound also reduces the noise these brake pads make when used.
These brake pads sit on an aluminium backplate, which greatly improves heat dissipation. Organic brake pads are less suited for high temperatures than Semi-Metallic brake pads. The aluminium backplate however improves this quality a lot. That makes these brake pads excellent for use in flat or hilly regions.
If you mostly use your bike during summer and in flat or hilly terrain, these organic brake pads are a great choice. If you are more of a winter cyclist however, or do you cycle in mountainous terrain, you’re better off with Semi-Metallic brake pads.
Manufacturers use different sizes & fits. Make sure if the shape of the brake pad in the image corresponds with your current brake pad. Not sure what shape you have, scroll down to the bottom of this page. There, you’ll find which brake pad is suited for which type of brake.