Schwalbe Thunder Burt Addix Speed LiteSkin Tyre
- Delivery in 2-3 working days
- Free tracked shipping over £35.00
- Trustpilot review 9.4 out of 51.364 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- The fastest and lightest mountain bike tyre made by Schwalbe thanks to its minimalist tread pattern.
- The Addix Speed compound guarantees maximum speed, without losing sight of grip and durability.
- LiteSkin is the lightest option when it comes to mountain bike tires.
- This LiteSkin variant is difficult to make tubeless, so if you want to, choose the Tubeless Easy SnakeSkin tyre.
The fastest and lightest mountain bike tyre by Schwalbe. The Thunder Burt Addix Speed LiteSkin has an even lower rolling resistance and offers even more grip because of the Addix compound. This LiteSkin version is difficult to set up tubeless, so if you plan on doing so you're best off going with the Tubeless Easy SnakeSkin version. LiteSkin is the lightest option however when it comes to mountain bike tyres. The tread of the Thunder Burt ensures you're fast on the straights while providing sufficient grip in the corners. If the course you're tackling is dry and well-compacted, then the Thunder Burt Addix Speed LiteSkin will help you leave the competition far behind.
The Addix compound has managed to crack the ordinary trade off between wear, rolling resistance, and grip. This is a dilemma which has occupied the cycling tyre industry for years. Normally, they’d have to sacrifice one of these traits to improve the others, but no longer. Schwalbe has raised the bar even further when it comes to performance and quality with Addix. Not just for XC-racing use, but for all mountain biking disciplines, which all have their own specific needs and demands. For that reason, there are no less than 4 different versions of this compound type available.
Easily recognisable by the red line running along the tyre. The latest compound for XC racers which rolls even smoother than the current PaceStar compound, and with a clearly improved lifespan.
The lightest option when it comes to mountain bike tyres. LiteSkin tyres have no SnakeSkin layer, which makes running these tyres tubeless a difficult and skilled job. The stable, high-pressure core designed to keep the tyre on the rim at low pressures is still used in the tyre though. These are the weapon of choice for men and women going into battle on the cross country courses!