PowerBar PowerGel Original
- Free tracked shipping over £35.00
- Trustpilot review 9.3 out of 46.287 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- Dual Carb formula with 2:1 glucose:fructose ratio enables a maximum carb absorption rate of up to 90 grams an hour.
- Added sodium supports a regular moisture intake and balance.
- Thrash Chain lid prevents you from losing the lid when opening the packaging.
- Due to the high carbohydrate concentration, it's advised to take this gel with a few sips of water.
|Take with water||Yes|
|When to use||During Exercise|
|Expiration Date||A minimum of 3 months from now|
|Dietary choice||None / Vegan / Vegetarian|
The PowerBar PowerGel Original is PowerBar's classic energy booster. The PowerGel Original Gels contain a high dose of carbohydrates. The carbohydrates come from different sources, allowing you to push your limits.
The PowerGel Original is based on PowerBar's Dual Carb Mix. This 2:1 glucose:fructose ratio enables a maximum carb absorption rate of up to 90 grams an hour. Sports nutrition that uses only glucose can provide a maximum rate of 60 grams per hour. In addition, the PowerGel Original contain approximately 200 milligrams of sodium per gel. Sodium supports a regular moisture intake and balance.
What sets apart the PowerBar PowerGel as well is the innovative packaging. The 'Trash Chain' prevents you from losing the tearable strip when opening the packaging. This makes the PowerBar gels environmentally friendly as well.
Note: The PowerGel Black Currant contains 50 milligrams of caffeine per gel.