GripGrab Arctic X
- Free tracked delivery
- Trustpilot review 9.4 out of 51.659 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- This overshoe is windproof, waterproof and very well insulated and therefore ideal for extreme cold.
- IntelliSeal™ technology ensures an optimal fit and durability.
- High durability makes these shoes ideal for the mountain biker.
- The reflective details improve visibility at night.
- No zipper eliminates a way for water to get inside the shoe.
- Its high insulation makes these shoes to warm above 0 ℃.
- Water can seep in from the bottom despite the waterproofing.
|Collection||Autumn / Winter 2019/2020|
|Suitable for||Mountain Bike Shoes|
|Weather Type||Wet weather under 0 °C|
The GripGrab Arctic X is one of the warmest shoe covers available. These shoe covers are waterproof, windproof, and have excellent insulating properties and reflective details. This makes the Arctic X ideal for use on cold winter days. It's not coincidental that these shoes were named after the arctic circle.
IntelliSeal™ technology improves durability, fit and water resistance
The Arctic X is the even more durable version of the regular Arctic shoe covers. This makes them ideal for off-road use such as mountain biking. The Arctic X is made of 4 mm waterproof neoprene with hollow fibre lining, which guarantees optimal thermal insulation.In addition the Arctic X incorporates the ingenious IntelliSeal™ technology. This both increases the durability, fit and water repelling properties of the shoe covers. The Kevlar reinforcements further help in this regard. Note that waterproof shoe covers still can lead to wet feet. This is due to water finding its way in through the soles of your shoes or by running down into the covers from the top.
Removing the zipper improves the fit and water resistance
The Arctic X features a zero-zip design, ensuring an optimal fit around the foot and calf. It also prevents water from entering through the top or through a zipper. Leaving out a zipper ensures that the putting on and stretching is slightly different. You have to put on the overshoe before you put on the cycling shoes. Then you can easily pull the GripGrab Arctic X over the shoe and enjoy all its high quality features.