Fulcrum Racing Zero Road Bike Wheels
- Free tracked delivery
- Trustpilot review 9.3 out of 44.224 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- The USB ceramic bearings spin very smoothly.
- The fat, bladed spokes give the wheels a striking appearance and reduce the chances of spoke failure.
- The C17 version has a wide rim which improves aerodynamics and comfort.
- The wheels are stiff and lightweight, making them ideal for climbing and highly responsive.
- The aerodynamics aren't great. For that, you'll need a deeper and more rounded rim design.
- The wheels aren't tubeless ready.
The Fulcrum Racing Zero C17 wheelset for 2017 features a wider rim design suitable for 25 mm tyres. The wider rim allows the tyre to sit flush with the edge of the wheel, creating a more aerodynamic profile, and allowing the 25 mm tyre to offer optimal comfort while also reducing rolling resistance.
The rim in the rear wheel is deeper (30 mm) than the one in the front (25 mm). The lightweight carbon rear hub has a raised flange on the drive side of the wheel. The combination of the deeper rim and taller flange allows for shorter spokes. These in turn improve the lateral rigidity and increase the efficiency of the power transfer.
The Racing Zero hubs are fitted with Fulcrum USB ceramic bearings. The bearings are lighter, more resistant to external factors, and offer a lower rolling resistance compared to standard industrial bearings. The body has been given a strengthening Plasma Electrolytic Oxidation treatment to prevent the cassette biting into the body. The wheels are available with either a Shimano/Sram body or Campagnolo body.
• Fulcrum Racing Zero C17 wheelset
• Quick release skewers
• Spacer for 10-speed cassettes
• Spoke magnet