The Fulcrum Quattro LG is one the latest wheelset out of the Fulcrum 2016 collection. The renewed aluminium rim has a rim width of 24.2 mm and is 35 mm high.
Every detail of the wheelset has been carefully optimised to offer the rider well-balanced and predictable performance under all conditions. An aero yet simple wheelset which feels at home flying down long straights, as well as taking on climbs because of its relatively low weight.
The concept is both simple and elegant: balance the wheel by placing a small weight opposite of the valve.
When you apply pressure to the pedals, this force will be transferred all the way to the spokes in an attempt to turn the wheel. The last thing you’d want is to lose power along the way! Fulcrum has ensured your power can go where it’s supposed to with the patented 2:1 Two-to-One spoke pattern, which entails doubling the amount of spokes on the critical drive side.
This new system takes lacing the wheels to a whole new level. The engineers at Fulcrum have altered the spoke and hub design to create an even more rigid construction. The results:
• Spokes never lose their lateral rigidity and therefore will remain perfectly centred.
• The tested position created in the windtunnel can be maintained which maximises aerodynamic efficiency.
• Hubs: Fulcrum Racing Quattro, industrial bearings
• Number of spokes: 16 front, 21 rear
• Lacing: radial front and rear left, crossed right
• Nipples: Brass