Avid Elixir Metal Sintered Disc Brake Pads
- Delivery in 2-3 working days
- Free tracked shipping over £35.00
- Trustpilot review 9.3 out of 45.075 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- These sintered brake pads are more wear-resistant.
- Sintered brake pads are better resistant to the heat caused by braking.
- These brake pads can produce more noise during braking.
- Sintered brake pads react slower than softer brake pads.
Avid Elixir Metal Sintered disc brake pads are suited for a number of SRAM/Avid disc brakes. The compound of sintered brake pads is made of resin mixed with metal particles. This makes the compound very tough and wear-resistant. These brake pads are also very resistant to high temperatures that can be caused during long descents especially. The downside is that these brake pads react slower than organic or semi-metallic brake pads and produce more noise during braking.
This makes these brake pads very suited for cycling in muddy terrain requiring a lot of braking. That’s common in muddy rides in hilly terrain. These brake pads are also very suited for downhill, enduro and muddy cyclocross rides.
Manufacturers use different sizes & fits. Make sure if the shape of the brake pad in the image corresponds with your current brake pad. Not sure what shape you have, scroll down to the bottom of this page. There, you’ll find which brake pad is suited for which type of brake.