Shimano MT5 Tour Shoes
- Free tracked shipping over 75,00€
- Trustpilot review 9.2 out of 48.669 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- Reinforced sole which ensures you don't lose too much rigidity while riding.
- Useful strap on the top to secure the laces with, preventing them from getting caught in the chain.
- Despite the rigid sole, they're still comfortable to walk on.
- The shoes aren't fitted with extra rubber covers in the soles for when you're not using cleats.
The Shimano MT5 cycling shoes were inspired by outdoor styles and feel like light walking boots during walking. The MT5 has the performance of a mountain bike shoe. The sole has a glassfibre enhanced plate for optimal stiffness. The EVA-midsole and the rubber sole increase the pedal efficiency but also walking comfort. The insole is flat. The upper is made of one piece of material, which results in durability and a lighter weight. A quick lace system also offers a good fit.
Extensive explanation size in cm
The size denoted in cm tells you how long the shoe is. This size was taken on the inside of the shoe measuring from the heel to the toes. In order to determine what size you’ll need, you can measure your own foot. Do this by placing a piece of paper on the floor tucked against the wall. Stand on the paper with your heel against the wall. Draw a line at your big toe. Measure the distance between that and the wall, and add approximately 5 mm. The number of centimeters is the size in centimeters found on our website. Which specific EU/UK size you need can differ between brands. This is because each brand uses their own boot tree, causing the shoe to be bigger or smaller than the size would suggest. This is why we’ve added the size in centimeters for all of our shoes. We’ve also categorised our shoes in three different groups: narrow, medium, and wide. In order to determine the width of your foot, you can use this table. Read all about it on our blog!