When you buy a product at Mantel, you can expect a reliable and well-made product, which will do what you expect of it. This is why we offer a warranty of at least 2 years on all our products. If a product unexpectedly fails during the warranty period, you can count on our help and support!
This page is intended to answer the following questions:
- What items should I send back along with my warranty claim?
- How do I return parts and accessories purchased online for warranty?
- What are the shipping costs involved?
- What are the warranty terms and conditions?
What items should I send back along with my warranty claim?
Send your warranty products and only the relevant accessories and parts back to us. Leave unnecessary parts. To help you out, you can find some examples below.
|I send back:|
|Wheelset||Leave out the tyres and cassette|
|Turbo trainer brakes||incl frame, but leave out cassette and quick release|
|Shoes||Leave out cleats|
|Heart rate monitor||Include the strap|
|Cycling computer||Send back relevant sensors (e.g. speed and or cadence sensor)|
How do I return parts and accessories purchased online for warranty?
Defective products and accessories can be returned to us. If you’re not sure whether your problem is covered under warranty, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’ll do our best to help you out! Follow the procedure below to submit a product for warranty.
- Start your warranty claim via the button “Submit for Warranty”.
- Select the product you wish to submit for warranty, and provide a short, comprehensive description of the problem. If you have bought more than one of the same product, please let us know how many of them you will be returning to us.
- Select your return method. Choose the return label option to send us the products free of charge.
- Confirm your warranty claim. You’ll receive confirmation of your claim via email. If you’ve selected the return label, then this will be included as an attachment in that email.
- Make sure to pack your products in a sturdy box, so they won’t get damaged in transit. Add some crumpled up newspapers for instance, to prevent the items from sliding around in the box.
- Print the warranty claim confirmation and add this to your shipment. Don’t have a printer? Then please clearly note the warranty claim number on the outside of the parcel. Please use a proper permanent marker to do so.
- If you’ve selected the return label, then simply drop off your parcel at a local parcelshop. You can track the progress of your shipment via the tracking number you’ve received in the confirmation email of your warranty claim.
- If you’re not sending us your parcel using the return label option, then please send it to the address listed below. Please note you have to pay for the shipping charges if you don’t use a return label. Send your items to the following address.
Simon Stevinweg 12
6827 BT Arnhem
Within 5 working days of the arrival of your parcel at our warehouse we will send you a confirmation email as soon as we have processed your warranty claim.
If you have any questions about your warranty claim, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
What are the shipping costs involved?
Products under warranty can be sent back to us using the free return label. Shipping won’t cost you anything if you do. If your warranty claim is justified, then we’ll send the repaired or replaced products back to you free of charge. If your warranty claim is dismissed, then the cost of getting the product back to you will have to be payed for by yourself. If you choose not to use the return label option, then you’ll have to pay for the shipping costs of your preferred partner as well.
What are the warranty terms and conditions?Art. 1 - Warranty provisions
- The entrepreneur guarantees that the delivered products are free from construction and/or material defects and/or corrosion, defects occurred by faulty use of a product are not included for warranty.
- The warranty can only be claimed by the first owner of the product
- The warranty is not transferable.
- The warranty provided based on these conditions does not affect the ability to point out the ordinary legal provisions of the constitution.
Products are warranted for two years in construction and/or material defects.
- During the warranty period all parts , which are established by the entrepreneur to have a material and/or construction defect, will be repaired or replaced at the choice of the entrepreneur. Any costs of (dis)assembly shall be borne by the consumer.
- Cost of transportation to and from the entrepreneur shall be borne by the consumer.
- If a particular component is eligible for warranty and the original is no longer available, than the entrepreneur offers an alternative equivalent.
Claims under this warranty, need to be presented with the original (digital) invoice or proof of purchase , for inspection by the entrepreneur.
- A warranty claim accepted by entrepreneur does not mean the entrepreneur accepts liability for any suffered damage. The entrepreneur's liability never extends further than described in these conditions. Any liability of the entrepreneur concerning consequential damages is explicitly excluded.
- On parts subjected to wear, such as tyres, chains, chainrings, freewheels, cassettes, bodies, cables and brake pads no warranty is given, except in the case of construction and/or material defects.
- In the following cases the warranty expires:
- 2.1 Improper and/or careless use of the product and use that is not according the guidelines;
- 2.2 The product is not maintained accordance the instructions specified by the manufacturer;
- 2.3 Technical repairs have not been carried out in a professional manner;
- 2.4 Parts assembled afterwards do not match the technical specifications of the concerned product, or when the product is not installed correctly;
- 3.1 Wheelsets: excluded from the warranty are wheel bearings and other moving components. Also spoke breakage is excluded from the guarantee, unless caused by construction and/or material faults. To prevent spoke breakage, a new set of wheels needs to be re-tightened after 500 km, you can visit our shop for this or you can go to your local bike shop. Re-tightening is not included in the price of the wheelset.
- 3.2 Suspension forks: To guarantee high performance, safety and a long lifespan of your suspension fork periodic maintenance is required, look for the maintenance schedule of your fork in the user manual, this can also be downloaded from the manufacturers website. Warranty does not cover normal wear and tear. Parts that are subject to wear and tear, suffer damage caused by normal use and the absence of maintenance according to the manufacturer
- 3.3 Polar heart rate sensors: The warranty on batteries is limited to 6 months. In some cases, the sensor's battery is not replaceable, the purchase of a new sensor is necessary. All warranty claims are handled directly by Polar Netherlands;
- 3.4 Mantel Helmet Replacement - all brands: If, within 2 years of purchase, a helmet bought with us is damaged in a crash to such a degree that it's no longer safe to use (e.g.: cracks or tears in the foam), then we offer you the option of replacing the damaged helmet. You’ll receive a discount equal to 40% of the original purchase price of your bike helmet.
Bontrager helmets: Within the first year after purchase, you’ll receive a 100% discount on the current recommended sale price when buying an identical helmet with the same size and colour. In the second year, Mantel Helmet Replacement is in effect;
Giro / Bell helmets: Mantel Helmet Replacement is valid for three years.
We advise to maintain purchased products to the instructions of the manufacturer. Maintenance prevents problems and guarantees a longer life span. For advice about the execution of maintenance, you can visit our sites.
Was this information useful?No