Shimano SPD-SL Cleats
- Ordered now, delivered on Tuesday next week
- Free tracked shipping over 75,00€
- Trustpilot review 9.4 out of 50.138 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- Choice in freedom of play. Everyone has their preferences, and for every wish, a solution is available.
- Sensitive to wear. Cleats aren't engineered to last a lifetime and need to be replaced every now and then.
Shimano replacement cleats for SPD-SL race pedals. The standard cleats that come with the Shimano SPD-SL pedals are black and yellow. These cleats have a standard play of 6 degrees. There is also an option to buy the blue or red one. The red cleats are mostly used by competition riders, who do not need any play (0 degrees) and want to set their cleats up to the millimeter.
New are the blue SH-12 cleats. This is a compromise between the red and yellow cleats. There is no play on the front, but the heel has a 2 degrees play to the inside or outside.