Schwalbe Rocket Ron Addix Speed LiteSkin Tyre
- Free tracked shipping over 75,00€
- Trustpilot review 9.2 out of 48.558 reviews
Pros & ConsPros & Cons
- This tyre is very suitable for wet surfaces and muddy conditions because of the medium-high studs and the open tread.
- Rocket Ron's open tread provides excellent self-cleaning, ensuring the tyres always perform well.
- The Addix Speed compound ensures absolute speed, without compromising on grip and durability.
- LiteSkin fabric ensures optimal weight saving.
- It is possible to make a LiteSkin sidewall tubeless, but it can be very difficult and is not recommended.
A versatile lightweight mountain bike tyre which offers an excellent blend of speed and control. The Schwalbe Rocket Ron Addix Speed LiteSkin is the lightest version of this particular type of tyre. This lightweight tyre will help you race across wet forest floors and mud. The Rocket Ron Addix Speed LiteSkin is highly suitable for racing under arduous conditions. The open Rocket Ron tread design offers plenty of grip while it also easily drains itself of any sticky mud. The new Addix compound allows you to enjoy this Rocket even longer, as the tyre wears out less quickly than before. The Addix compound also offers decreased rolling resistance and even more grip.
The Addix compound has managed to crack the ordinary trade off between wear, rolling resistance, and grip. This is a dilemma which has occupied the cycling tyre industry for years. Normally, they’d have to sacrifice one of these traits to improve the others, but no longer. Schwalbe has raised the bar even further when it comes to performance and quality with Addix. Not just for XC-racing use, but for all mountain biking disciplines, which all have their own specific needs and demands. For that reason, there are no less than 4 different versions of this compound type available.
Easily recognisable by the red line running along the tyre. The latest compound for XC racers which rolls even smoother than the current PaceStar compound, and with a clearly improved lifespan.
The lightest option when it comes to mountain bike tyres. LiteSkin tyres have no SnakeSkin layer, which makes running these tyres tubeless a difficult and skilled job. The stable, high-pressure core designed to keep the tyre on the rim at low pressures is still used in the tyre though. These tyres are the weapon of choice for men and women going into battle on the cross country courses!